Chili Beef Macaroni
- 2/3 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 pound lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can no salt added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add beef; cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
Coat skillet with cooking spray; place over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in macaroni, beef, beans, and remaining ingredients; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1/6: 268 calories