Sausage and Cheese Appetizer Biscuits (Jackie Givens)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 450º F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Cook sausage in large skillet until brown and crumbled. Remove from skillet; drain.
2. Combine flour and ground red pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sausage and cheese. Add milk; stir with a fork until moist dough forms.
3. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush hot biscuits with melted butter.