Cooked smoked sausage pickled in a red brine. Is a treat that you can make on your own with just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 pounds pre-cooked kielbasa
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cut up precooked sausage into 3 inch links and put into jars with a few slices of onion.
Bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil and simmer five minutes.
Pour hot mixture into jars over onions and sausages. Preferably mason jars others may explode.
Put lid on jars and carefully hide in the refrigerator at least a day. Two days is better or until they are discovered by a man.
You'll also love
- Best Food's Original Potato Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Tony Packo's Stuffed Cabbage 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Cornish Hens - NuWave 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Baltimore Pit Beef 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage and Cheese Dip 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage, Sweet Potato & Cabbage... 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Little Kielbasa Appetizers 4/5 (4 Votes)