cookie - 'Two Way' Choc Chip Cookie
- Key ingredient:
- 1/4 cup finely ground hazlenuts
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup instant polenta (or additional ground nut meal)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs agave and a pinch of stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup choc chips (sub half of this with course ground hazlenuts if preferred)
- For crisp cookies- use 2 1/2 tbs melted coconut oil
- For shortbread style cookies- use 3- 4 tbs melted coconut butter (if you are having trouble with the mixture sticking add a little coconut oil (or nother oil) to help it bind)
Adapted from includingcake.com
Combine all dry ingredients and mix together in a large bowl.
Combine all wet ingredients including melted coconut oil or butter and pur into the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine and add the chocolate chips/nuts last.
If you are using the oil the mixture will combine very easily, whereas if you are using the butter the mixture will be more crumbly to work with and take more work to stick together- use your hands!
Spoon the mixture on to parchment lined baking sheets and press down with a spoon (if you are using the coconut butter you will need to form balls with your hands and then press down to flatten).
Bake at 180C for 10 minutes rotating the tray half way though if necessary.