oatmeal - Banana bread baked oatmeal
- 1 large ripe banana (divided into 3/4 and 1/4)
- 1 tbs ground chia/flax
- 1 cup soy milk (or other)
- 1/2 heaped tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cauliflower grated
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbs chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs raisins (optional)
- 1 tbs coconut sugar/rapadura
- Topping: 1 tbs choc chunks or nuts, remaining banana slices, sprinkle of sugar)
Adapted from includingcake.com
Divide the banana and mash the largest portion in a medium bowl along with all other wet ingredients. Add remaining ingredients (other than topping) and mix through well.
Spoon into a greased oven dish min. 20x10cm.
Slice the last part of the banana and lay on the top of the mix along with choc chunks and nuts (if using) and a little extra unrefined sugar.
Bake at 180C for approx. 20 mins until the topping is golden. Serve immediately. This also tastes good cold the next day!