Cornish Game Hens with Pomegranate Molasses
- 4 Cornish game hens, split, spine and wing tips removed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) pomegranate molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion greens, cut thin on the bias, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Tie each hen's legs together with butcher's twine or a blanched scallion green.
Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Season the hens on both sides generously with salt. Carefully lay the hens in the pan, skin side down, and cook until the skin becomes brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the hens over and brown on the flesh side. Do not crowd your pan, you may need to do this in batches. Remove the hens to a sheet tray.
Meanwhile, combine the molasses and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the molasses to a boil and reduce by half until syrupy, about 20 minutes.
Brush the hens on both sides with the reduced molasses. Put the hens in the oven and roast until they are cooked through, basting occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Remove the hens from the oven and garnish with the sliced scallions
You'll also love
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- The Tipsy Grape 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Presto Black Bean & Corn Salsa... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mexican Seafood with Avocado Mango... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Buttermilk Cornmeal... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Tangerine-Pomegranate Sparklers 4.5/5 (24 Votes)