Tomato, Zucchini and Goat Cheese Clafoutis
You can taste the summer harvest in each bite.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated zucchini
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, (35%)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pkg (140 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Adapted from canadianliving.com
Brush four 1-cup (250 mL) ramekins with butter; set aside.
Wrap zucchini in clean tea towel; twist and squeeze to release excess liquid. Transfer to bowl. Stir in green onions and basil; set aside.
In separate bowl, beat together eggs, whipping cream, flour, maple syrup, salt, hot pepper sauce and nutmeg.
Divide goat cheese evenly among ramekins; top each with one-quarter of the zucchini mixture and one-quarter of the egg mixture. Top each with 6 cherry tomato halves.
Arrange ramekins on baking sheet; bake in 325ºF (160ºC) oven until puffed and eggs are set, 18 to 20 minutes. Broil until tops are bubbly and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Salad - Weight Watchers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Riesling Peaches 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Cauliflower Salad 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Libby's Pumpkin Pie - Lactose Free... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Bake Recipe 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Caley's Classic Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken, tomato, onion... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)