Swiss chicken Dijon cordon bleu
poultry main dish
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Dijon or your preferred whole grain mustard
- 4 thin ham slices
- 4 swiss cheese slices (baby Swiss is best)
- 1/4 C panko style bread crumbs
- 1 T melted butter or butter spray
Adapted from google.ca
Preheat oven to 350.
Between two sheets of waxed paper, pound chicken with kitchen mallet until 1/4" thick. Smear each piece of chicken with mustard (as much or as little as you prefer). Then place a ham slice, a Swiss cheese slice on each piece of chicken. Roll i and secure with toothpicks or cooking spears. Drizzle chicken rolls with melted butter or spray with butter spray. Coat the chicken rolls with the panko crumbs, pressing them on the area's with the tooth picks holding the roll together.
Place on greased or sprayed cooking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside (the thicker the chicken the longer you need to bake)