Crock Pot Potatoes
- 1 ) 1/4 pound bacon, diced. Bake in the oven first so that it is "done" and browned, then dice it and add at the end
- 2 ) 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 ) 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced or halved
- 4 ) 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shedded
- 5 ) salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ) butter
- 7 ) green onions (optional)
Adapted from athens.macaronikid.com
1) Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help them not to stick and steam the potatoes.
2) Layer half of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crockpot.
3) Season to taste with salt and pepper and a dot of butter.
4) Repeat layers of bacon, onions, and potatoes. Dot with butter
5) Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours
6) Add cheese for the last 20 - 30 minutes.