cupcake - Choc orange cupcakes
- Frosting ingredients:
- 200 g prepared fudge mixture (see full post)
- 80 g soy milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp agave (or more to taste)
- Cupcakes ingredients:
- 200 g white spelt flour (or GF flour mix)
- 75 g potato starch
- 1 tsp flax seed mixed with 1tbs hot water
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g agave syrup
- 70 g rapadura
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 100 ml melted coconut oil
- 50 ml soy yoghurt
- 300 ml blood orange juice (the pinker the better)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops natural red food colour
Adapted from includingcake.com
For the cupcakes, blend all liquids in food processor and melt coconut oil separately then mix in.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl then pour into the wet ingredients and beat well to get a smooth mixture.
Pour into lined cupcake pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180C. Turn half way through to ensure an even rise. A toothpick will come away clean when cooked.
Frost with chocolate fudge frosting once cool. Decorate with pomegranate seeds if desired.