Easy, Cheesy Pierogies
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (or parmesan) crumbled
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 pkgs (10oz each) gyoza/potsticker wrappers
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Butter for browning, approximately 3 TBS divided
- 1 small tomato, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1) In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. In a separate bowl, mix potatoes, cheese, onion and pepper.
2) Cut potsitcker wrappers with a biscuit cutter (about 3" in diameter) and brush the edges with egg white.
3) Place 1 TBS of potato mixture on center of each wrapper and fold in half, making sure edges seal by pressing together. Carefully place pierogies in small batches into the boiling water. Cook for 3 mins or until the pierogies begin to float. Drain and rinse in a colander with cold water. Set aside. Repeat until all pierogies are cooked.
4) In a large skillet, melt 1 TBS butter over med-low heat. Add 10 - 12 pierogies and lightly brown on both sides. Remove and continue to brown the next batch with another 1 TBS butter. Repeat until all pierogies have been browned.
5) Serve immediately and sprinkle with chopped tomato and parsley.