cake - Gluten Free Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free)
- 3/4 cup sugar (white granulated or coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted (Substitute melted dairy-free butter substitute, real butter if you eat dairy or other oil of choice.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other dairy- or plant-based milk of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Approximately 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup finely grated unsweetened coconut, optional
Adapted from glutenfreegigi.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease 2-quart baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour through salt); whisk to blend.
Add berries and stir gently.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine applesauce, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until blended and no dry ingredients remain visible.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Drizzle honey over top of batter (as shown) and top with coconut.
Bake 30-35 minutes, until top is golden brown and cake springs back in center when lightly pressed.
Cut into squares and serve warm with dairy-free whipped topping.