cookie - Classic Easter biscuits
- 1/2 cup coconut butter- melted (if using coconut oil reduce to slightly over 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup agave plus a pinch of stevia if necessary
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs ground flax or chia plus 3 tbs hot water (mix and allow to sit for 1 min)
- 3 tbs polenta
- 1 1/2 cup GF flour mix (see above or use you own)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon and mixed spice mixed
- Pinch salt
Adapted from includingcake.com
Mix dry ingredients (except currants) together in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients together in a small bowl and then add to the dry. Add the currants last (my currants were partially blended into smaller pieces but you can keep them whole if you prefer). Bring the dough into a ball with your hands. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a little under 1cm thick. Cut into shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Lightly brush the tops with soy milk and sprinkle with a little coconut sugar or rapadura if desired.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for approx. 10mins until slightly golden.
These biscuits will store in an airtight container for up to a week, there will also freeze. The biscuits are dense and chewy by nature and so do not need to retain their crisp 'freshly baked' feel.