Cod Poached in Tomato Sauce with Spinach, Capers, and Pine Nuts
The Mediterranean flavors of rich olive oil, savory tomatoes and garlic, and crunchy pine nuts are so delicious with the moist, flaky poached cod.
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 26-ounce container chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound wild cod
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from thescrumptiouspumpkin.com
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Arrange the pine nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast the pine nuts for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. Watch carefully – they burn quickly!
3.Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes with their juices, and adjust the heat to a light simmer. Divide the cod into 4 equally-sized portions and season with salt and pepper. Place the fish in the lightly simmering liquid, cover, and cook for about 7-9 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Use a spatula to remove the cod from the pan, place on a platter, and tent with aluminum foil. Add the spinach, capers, and dried oregano to the pan.
4.Cook until spinach is lightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the toasted pine nuts, spoon the sauce all over the fish, and serve.
You'll also love
- PLUM GOOD CHICKEN 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Rhubarb Conserve 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian chicken broccoli alfredo 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato-Crusted Snapper 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Asian Tuna Ceviche 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- SPINACH GNUDI WITH SAGE BURNT... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cod with Herbed Bread Crumbs 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Garlic Pesto Chicken with Tomato... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)