Spicy Chipotle Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes get a spicy, smoky flavor when tossed with ground chipotle peppers. If you like potato skins, just scrub the potatoes and leave the skins on—they add fiber and great texture.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, scrubbed (peeled, if desired), and cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (see Note), or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
2. Combine oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder and ground chipotle (or chili powder) in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
3. Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
4. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 25 to 35 minutes.
Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Ground chipotle chile pepper can be found in the specialty spice section of most supermarkets.