GF - Muffins - Spice Muffins w/Chocolate Pistachio Struesel
- 1 Banana
- 1 ⁄2 cup Chickpeas (mashed)
- 1 ⁄2 cup Peach Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani "Flip")
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ⁄4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 ⁄4 cup honey
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Brown Rice Flour (or sub your favorite flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Toppings from Flip (1 tbsp dark chocolate chips + 1/2 tbsp pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (melted - for streusel)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Sugar (for streusel)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Rice Flour (for streusel)
Adapted from noshandnourish.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mash banana and chickpeas (I microwaved my chickpeas for 1 min to soften them before mashing).
Add in remaining muffin ingredients: yogurt, vanilla, coconut sugar, honey, egg whites, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, & baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use butter/flour to coat the insides.
Pour batter evenly into the muffin tin (mine made 10 muffins).
Mix together the streusel toppings (double if you want a lot of streusel on each muffin): Toppings from "Flip", 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp brown rice flour.
Press a small spoonful of streusel onto each muffin.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for ~5 minutes before devouring.