Mushroom Risotto, Orange-Glazed Hickory-Smoked Grilled Tofu, Maitake Mushrooms, Braised Carrots
- Mushroom Risotto
- Orange-Glazed Hickory-Smoked Grilled Tofu
- Grilled Maitake Mushrooms
- Braised Carrots
- Grilled Asparagus
- Yukon Gold Potato and Green Bean Salad with a Maple Syrup Vinaigrette over Mixed Greens
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
The stack started with a base of risotto that was cooked with mushroom broth -- in this case shiitake mushrooms stems that we've been saving for the last month. They were pressure cooked for 40 minutes in 8 cups of water which yielded a surprisingly rich and fragrant broth. The risotto technique comes from Andrew Carmellini -- add half of the mushroom stock and let it cook for 7-8 minutes, add the second half of the liquid and cook for another 7 minutes, and finish with nutritional yeast, soy margarine, salt and pepper.
Next, the tofu was hickory-smoked for 25 minutes, then marinated (1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup tamari, 2 cloves of garlic smashed, 1 tbs. agave, 1 tbs. ketchup and pepper to taste), then grilled, about 5-6 minutes per side, turning once for nice grill marks. The tofu was brushed with a glaze (1/2 cup of orange juice, 1 tbs. brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of ground clove, whisked together over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens) and put on a rack on a sheet pan and put in the oven for 10 minutes at 350F, flipping once and basting again half way through.
The last part of the stack was the maitake mushrooms, using the same marinade as the tofu, and then grilled along with the asparagus.
You'll also love
- Margarita Shrimp with Pico de Gallo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Green Beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- HG Very Berry Dream Boat Parfait 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamed Leeks 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash & Apple Soup with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Marinated Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Stuffed Arancini 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Risotto 4/5 (1 Votes)