Ahi Tuna Burger
- Oil, for grilling
- 4 (4 ounce) sushi-grade ahi tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- Soy sauce, for dipping
- 4 egg buns or other soft buns
- Ginger-wasabi may (recipe follows)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, drained & finely chopped
- 1 tblsp wasabi powder
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin sesame oil
- 1 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 soy sauce
- Asian slaw
1. Whisk all mayo ingredients together and let sit for 2 hrs.
2. Heat grill so it's good and hot, then brush with oil.
3. Dip tuna in soy sauce and place on grill.
4. Grill until charred on outside, but raw on the inside.
5. Toast buns on grill until hot and crunchy.
6. Serve sandwiches with mayo and slaw.