Sausage and Peppers Pizza With Arugula and Tomato Salad
- 1 lb Bakery pizza dough
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 links mild Italian sausage (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded (or fresh) mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from google.com
Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand one hour (do not remove from bag until stand time completed).
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Chop peppers and onion.
Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away.
Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains. Let stand 2–3 minutes to cool.
Prepare crust. For a thick crust: flour hands lightly and pat dough evenly into lightly greased or nonstick 16" pizza pan. For a thin crust: turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to desired thickness. Place on lightly greased or nonstick 16" pizza pan.
Top crust with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, peppers, onions, and sausage. Brush outer edge of crust with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 18–25 minutes (depending on thickness of pizza) or until crust is golden, cheese is melted, and toppings are thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken or turkey and creamy... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Beet Burgers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple-Honey Chicken 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Warm Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggplant and Tomato Sauce 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Chili w/ Kale 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato and Peach Salad with Feta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)