Crown Roast of Pork with Apple, Cranberry and Pecan Stuffing
Make a statement at your holiday dinner with this crown roast of pork filled with a delicious stuffing including apples, cranberries and pecans.
- 1 crown roast of pork with 24 ribs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Fuji or McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pound dried bread croutons
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 to 4 cups chicken or turkey stock, warmed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 210mins
Generously season the roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, celery and apples and sauté until tender and caramelized, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the croutons, cranberries and pecans and stir to evenly distribute the ingredients. Add the stock 1 cup at a time, stirring to evenly moisten the croutons. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper.
Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 400°F.
Place the roast in a large roasting pan and spoon 7 cups of the stuffing into the center of the roast. Roast for 1 hour, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Continue roasting until the meat is slightly pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat, away from the bone, registers 145°F, 40 to 50 minutes more, or until done to your liking.
Meanwhile, spoon the remaining stuffing into a buttered 2-quart baking dish and cover with foil. After the roast has cooked for 1 hour, transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the dish and continue baking until the stuffing is crisp and golden, 20 to 25 minutes more.
Using 2 large metal spatulas, carefully transfer the roast to a large carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
7. To serve, scoop the stuffing from the center of the roast onto individual plates and carve the roast between the bones.
You'll also love
- SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Pork Chops 5/5 (4 Votes)
- white chocolate raspberry tart 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Coffee Cake Pizza 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easter Jello Eggs 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coeur a la Creme with Raspberry... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Halloween Devil'd Eggs 4.5/5 (43 Votes)