Meat loaf made with extra lean chicken and beef
Moist and tasty. For a change of pace, try different spices.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 3/4 lb extra-lean ground chicken
- 3/4 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup peeled, grated sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unpeeled, grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely minced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Pat mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over loaf.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour or until meat is browned and juices run clear.
Pour off liquid in bottom of pan and remove loaf. Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately.