Kid's Favourite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced or finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (13 oz - 385 ml) evaporated milk
- 4 oz light cream cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 can (6.5 oz - 184 g) solid white tuna, drained & flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz penne or rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flake-type cereal
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Adapted from google.ca
In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have released their juices and onion is softened.
Add flour, stirring to blend. Pour in stock and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add tuna and peas, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook paste in a pot of boiling salted water according to package directions or until tender but firm. Drain and toss with tuna mixture, Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
In a bowl toss together cereal and melted butter. Add cheddar cheese, stirring to combine. Sprinkle over noodles in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on law for 4-6 hours or on high for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until bubbling and heated through.
You'll also love
- Lemon Panna Cotta and Connoli from... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Hatch Chile Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp and Tortilla Soup 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pantry-Style Linguini and Clams 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta & Veggie Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Salmon with Rice 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi Skewers with Tapenade... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta 4.6/5 (9 Votes)