TEX-MEX CHICKEN MELTS
- 1 loaf mini rye bread
- 1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1/2 C finely chopped onion
- 1/2 C finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 C (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- cumin, chili powder, cayenne powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 T snipped fresh cilantro
1. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on rectangle baking stone.
2. Place chicken in bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, 1/2 C of the cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, spices and salt; mix well.
3. Scoop chicken mixture evenly over bread slices; gently flattened filling with back of spoon. Top each bread slice with one tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm.