LEMON CRUMB BARS
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounce) lemon or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, (softened)
- 1 egg plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups finely crushed saltines (about 60 crackers)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
Adapted from elegantfoods.net
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and 1 egg until crumbly. Stir in cracker crumbs; after mixing, reserve 2 cups for topping.
Press remaining mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks, milk and lemon juice. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.