Cod With Leeks and Tomatoes
Cod is a lean fish that is available year-round and can be baked, broiled, or poached. Its mild taste pairs well with sharp flavors, such as lemon. Other firm, mild fish, including halibut, sole, and haddock, can be used in place of cod.
- 2 medium leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced, rinsed well, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 sprigs thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, (about 12 ounces)
- 4 cod fillets, each 6 to 8 ounces and 3/4 to 1 inch thick
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss together leeks, lemon juice, oil, lemon zest, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover with foil, and bake until leeks just begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
2.Remove baking dish from oven. Add tomatoes, and toss to combine. Season both sides of cod fillets with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place on top of vegetables.
3.Cover dish and bake until fish is opaque throughout, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesey Spinach Pinwheels 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp and Green Chili Quesadillas... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip (Hot) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Soft Fish Tacos 5/5 (1 Votes)
- calamari, tomato and caper salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Halibut à la Provençal over... 5/5 (1 Votes)