Crooks Corner Shrimp and Grits
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper $
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms $
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice $
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Lemon wedges
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened. Add Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients. Keep warm.
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and salt; dredge in flour.
Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings in skillet 5 minutes or until tender. Add green onions, and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly brown. Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
Serve shrimp mixture over hot cheese grits. Top with crumbled bacon; serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Avocado and Sour Cream Dip 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Fresh Clam Chowder 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Watermelon Fillets with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp & Orzo Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Sausages with Orange, Olive and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn and Tomato Saute 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Firecracker Shrimp 4.6/5 (8 Votes)