- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1.Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
2.Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture.
3.Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper,or sugar if desired.