W30/D: Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbl duck fat or coconut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
Lay the shrimp out on some paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
Over a low-medium heat warm the duck fat or coconut oil and minced garlic for a minute, until it just begins to brown at the edges.
Add the lemon juice, paprika and any additional seasonings: be careful as the oil will spit when you add the lemon juice.
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for a minute or two (depending on the size of the shrimp) on each side, until fully cooked.
Remove the pan from the heat. Drizzle with additional olive oil to taste and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
Serve as an appetizer, add to salads or pour over mashed root vegetables - make sure to use the flavored oil!
You'll also love
- Lentil Soup, Creamy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomatoes, slow-roasted 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bibb and Radish Salad with Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Tomatoes with Croutons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basic Risotto with Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Yogurt Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)