Honey Spice Butter
No one can deny the sheer awesomeness of butter. Culinary terminology has consigned it to a partial role - 'buttermilk', 'butterscotch', 'bread and butter' - but really, this rich and creamy dairy product deserves a place and mention of its own. At Cookism, we worship butter and its traditional goodness, but we also want to tap on its stupendous but understated versatility, just like how the myriad of flavors of ice cream do not diminish the value of simple vanilla ice cream. This sweet and indulgent honey spice butter is splendid for rustic breads, pancakes and scones, and is sure to take your buttery vice to new heights. Spread away!
- 115 g of Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1/2 tsp of All Spice (to taste)
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Smash butter and mix well with a fork till ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Transfer butter mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, plastic wrap or foil.
4. Wrap it up like a sweet, by twisting both ends. Place it in the fridge and chill till butter hardens or when needed.