Light and Delicious Spaghetti Squash
- 2 2 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 6 6 clove minced garlic
- 1 1 1 large tomato
- 4 4 4 c baby spinach
- 2 2 2 c spaghetti squash
- 2 2 2 dash(es) salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
1. To cook spaghetti squash quickly, make several holes in the squash using a fork, then pop it in the microwave for about 10-12 minutes (about 4-5 minutes a pound). Allow to cool for several minutes.
2. Remove from microwave and cut open lengthwise.
3. Using a fork, scrap out contents (it will be stringy) into a bowl and set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just turning brown.
5. Add the tomato. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
6. Top with the spinach leaves and cover for about 2 minutes. The spinach will cook and reduce down.
7. Uncover. Break up the spinach with a wooden spoon. It will start to clump together once cooked.
8. Add the spaghetti squash a little at a time and stir in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9. Add parsley as a nice garnish and serve!