Chile Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Glaze
I used apricot or peach preserves. Both are great!
- Spice Rub:
- 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.Place chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar; shake to blend. Rub spice mixture onto pork tenderloins. Cover tenderloins and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
2.Prior to grilling, melt apricot preserves in saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from the heat and stir in remaining glaze ingredients. Place half of the glaze in a serving bowl and hold for service.
3.Prepare grill at medium-high heat. Grill pork tenderloins for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) on an instant-read thermometer.
4.When approximately 4 minutes of cook time remains, brush the pork tenderloins with the apricot glaze remaining in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turn the pork tenderloins and brush glaze on other side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pork from the grill and let set for about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved glaze.
You'll also love
- Mexican Tequila avocado nachos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Lime Margarita 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock pot Chinese pork and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Organic Pork Herb Trio 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Honey Basil Grilled Pork Tenderloin 4/5 (2 Votes)