- 2 cans crushed pineapple in juice - (8 1/4 oz ea)
- 2 packages Jell-O Brand Lemon Flavor Gelatin -
- (4-serving size) or 1 pkg (8-serving size)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Ice cubes as needed
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup finely-shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup finely-shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped onion
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to make 1 cup. Set aside.
Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Combine measured liquid and ice cubes to make 2 1/2 cups. Add to gelatin with vinegar and celery salt, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Chill until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Fold in pineapple, cabbage, parsley and onion. Pour into 8-cup bowl. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with cabbage leaves, parsley and onion rings, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 cups or 12 servings.