Melt in your mouth cookies that are deliciously crunchy and chewy!
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from barbarabakes.com
Preheat oven to 350. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine the butter, granulated and brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended. Stir in the pecans. Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with your fingertips into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
Bake until the cookies are just browned around the edges, 12-15 minutes. Place the baking sheets on wire racks and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the wire racks to cool completely.