Recipe is from The Pioneer Woman.
Step by Step instructions found here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/creamed-spinach-to-die-for/#recipe-form-27676
- 1 stick Butter
- 8 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 24 ounces, weight Baby Spinach
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Melt 1 stick of butter in a pot. Sprinkle in flour and whisk together. Cook over medium heat for five minutes or until light golden brown. Throw in onion and garlic and stir together, cooking for another minute. Pour in milk, whisking constantly, and cook for another five minutes while you cook the spinach.
To cook spinach, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a separate pot. Add spinach in increments until all incorporated, and cook until wilted but not soggy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add spinach to the cream sauce, stirring gently to combine. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Bread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatoes 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Sour Cream & Onion Hot Dog 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Potato Crusted Swiss Chard Quiche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Campanelle with Mushrooms and Kale 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Flounder Piccata with Spinach 4.4/5 (20 Votes)