Roast Beef & Couscous Salad
Sliced roast beef comes together with escarole, roasted carrots, onion, couscous, and gets dressed with a spicy yogurt dressing, for a flavor-packed meal that is sure to make a delectable impact on your dinner recipe rotation.
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa or other hot chile paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 head escarole, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8-ounces deli-sliced roast beef, cut into bite-size pieces
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the carrots and onion on a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Roast until tender and slightly golden, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous as the label directs, adding the raisins in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain the couscous and raisins and rinse under cold water.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the harissa, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 to 3 tablespoons water until smooth.
Put the escarole in a large bowl and add the roasted carrots and onion; toss to wilt the greens slightly. Add the couscous-raisin mixture, the dressing and the roast beef and toss to coat. Divide the salad among plates
You'll also love
- Cranberry Nut Stuffing 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey Blue Cheese... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Joe's Famous Michelada 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Sausage Calzones 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- #KIphotocontest - Tuna Noodle... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken-Fried Hamburgers 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)