Summer Grilled Coconut-Lime White Fish Packets
With a hint of creamy coconut and a hint of bright, sweet lime, this recipe for Summer Grilled COconut-Lime White Fish Packets is the perfect tropical recipe to take you on vacation in the comfort of your own backyard. Serve these packets as it because they are basically fully-contained meals or you can serve this recipe with your favorite rice pilaf recipe and of course a pitcher of margaritas. This recipe is perfect for date night with bae.
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, about ears fresh or frozen
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 8-ounces cod, haddock or halibut
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from thescrumptiouspumpkin.com
Prepare grill for medium heat, about 400 to 425°F.
Tear off 2 large squares of aluminum foil, each about 10-inches in length. Fold each in half to create a fold line, then open, like a book.
Arrange equal amounts of the corn, shallot, garlic, and zucchini in the center of the right half of each piece of foil, near the fold line.
Fold up the sides of the right half of the foil, creating a "bowl" that contains the vegetables.
To each packet add 1 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil, 1/4 cup of light coconut milk, 1/2 tablespoon of lime zest.
Season well with salt and black pepper to taste.
Using your hands, mix to combine ingredients.
Cut the fish into 2 equal sized portions and place on top of the veggies. Season fish well with salt and black pepper to taste.
Fold over the left half of the foil, covering the food. Carefully roll the top half of the foil together with the edges of the right half of the foil, sealing all edges and creating an air-tight packet.
Place the packets right-side-up with the fish on top on a baking sheet and set the baking sheet on the grill. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes and then use a spatula to flip each packet. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes more. You can also cook these in a preheated 425°F oven.
Use a spatula to remove the packets from the grill, flip so that they are again right-side-up with the fish on top, and plate.
Use kitchen shears or a knife to cut a slit through the top center of each packet to fold open. Open carefully, the steam that will rise from each packet is very hot. Check to be sure fish is opaque and cooked through to the center. If fish is not cooked through, place back on the baking sheet and grill for 8 to 10 minutes more. Top the fish and veggies with freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve the fish pockets directly in the foil to retain all of the flavors from the coconut-lime broth.
You'll also love
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Ravioli with Brown Butter-Basil... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pear-Chicken Monte Cristo... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cupcake with Coconut... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Crab Puffs 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Lovely Lemon Lavender Cupcakes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Moscato Strawberry Lemonade 4.3/5 (43 Votes)