Quick Hoppin' John Soup
- 1 pound sage pork sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package uncooked long grain
- and wild rice mix, with seasoning packet
- 2 ( 15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas,
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
1. Crumble sausage into a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown.
2. In a large pot, mix the cooked sausage, rice mix with seasoning packet, black-eyed
peas, tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and
simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt.