Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This delicious banana cake is a perfect way to use up ripe bananas. It makes a beautiful birthday cake, or a perfect pairing for coffee in the morning!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted nuts, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from bakeorbreak.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, oil, and sugar. Beat in eggs and egg white, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
Gradually mix half of dry ingredients into butter mixture. Mix in bananas. Mix in remaining dry ingredients. Pour cake batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually add confectioners’ sugar.
Spread frosting on cake. Sprinkle with nuts.
You'll also love
- Tortellini Yum 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Apple Strudel 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- People-Pleasing Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Mediterranean Vegetable Salad 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roasted Pecans 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Strawberry Lettuce Salad 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Flourless Brownie Muffins 4.7/5 (10 Votes)