Frito Corn Salad
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed (see notes below)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 (10 1/4 oz.) bag Fritos (regular or chili cheese), crushed
- pepper, to taste
- Note: I like to use the frozen corn that has been thawed because I think it has more of a fresh corn taste. But 2 cans of well-drained corn will work with this too.
Adapted from thecountrycook.net
In a large bowl, combine thawed corn, cheese, diced bell pepper and onions.
Then add in mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
Stir until thoroughly combined.
I like to season it with a little bit of pepper too (this is optional).
Then just before serving, stir in crushed Fritos so they stay nice and crunchy.
Some folks put in half the crushed Fritos at the time they make it, then add the other half in right before serving.
I always think it looks pretty when you have a few crushed ones on top when you serve it.
Note: Go with what is easiest for you when making this. Using pre-shredded cheese in a bag works just fine. And if you don't have time to thaw out a bag of corn, then use 2 (15 oz.) cans of corn that are drained really well. Also, for a big bump in flavor, try using the chili cheese or BBQ flavored Fritos.