Spicy Jalapeño, Chicken & Bacon Diablo Skewers
Love jalapeño poppers? Try adding chicken tenders to make these Diablo skewers: seasoned cream cheese-filled jalapeños with tenders wrapped in bacon.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry steak seasoning, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 10 to 12 whole fresh jalapeños
- 2 pounds bacon, sliced thin
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
Adapted from momspark.net
Place chicken tenders in bowl, add orange juice and 1 tablespoon steak seasoning. Stir, cover and set in refrigerator to marinate 1 or more hours, but no more than 8 hours.
Soak wooden skewers for at least an hour in water before cooking them so they don't burn.
In separate bowl, mix cream cheese, pecans and 1/2 tablespoon steak seasoning, blend well by hand, and set aside.
When ready to assemble, slice jalapeños in half lengthwise, remove seeds, then rinse again.
Fill jalapeños half with cream cheese mixture, place a chicken tender on top of filling , wrap with 1 slice of bacon, and secure with a skewer so the bacon stays wrapped around the jalapeño (if desired can have two stuffed jalapeños on each skewer).
Set aside half of the barbecue sauce for the end.
When finished assembling the remaining skewers, brush all finished jalapeños generously with about a 1/4 of the barbecue sauce.
Bake or grill until chicken is thoroughly cooked, approximately 45 minutes at 350°F, turning halfway through cooking time and basting with 1/4 more of the sauce.
Baste one last time about 5 mins before finished cooking with reserved barbecue sauce or use to serve with it.
You'll also love
- Greek Tomato-Feta Quinoa Salad 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Soft Lemonade Cookies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Honey & Chili Chicken Thighs with... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball 4.4/5 (34 Votes)