Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- Place in a mixing bowl:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin, (about 1 can)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a heaping teaspoon each, ground nutmeg and ground ginger.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Adapted from whatagirleats.com
Beat everything until smooth.
Add 1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) all-purpose flour, stirring just until smooth.
Lightly grease doughnut pan and fill about 3/4 full, about 1/4 cup of batter. Recipe makes 15-18, so if you don’t have 2 pans, you’ll have to bake in 2 or 3 batches. If you’re making muffins, fill 3/4 full. Bake doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes and muffins for 23 to 25 minutes.
Remove the doughnuts from the oven, let cool about 5 minutes, then loosen and remove from tin and transfer to a rack to cool. While they are still warm gently shake them in a bag with cinnamon sugar or pumpkin pie spice sugar.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)