Grilled Watermelon Fillets with Watercress and Mint
Experiment with new flavors and meal sides with this flavor combination of grilled watermelon with watercress and mint!
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill
- 4 1-inch-thick slices watermelon, rind removed (1-1/2 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 6 cups watercress, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Adapted from themerc.coop
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Brush watermelon slices with olive oil. Grill watermelon slices 5 minutes, or until just scorched around edges.
3. Whisk together balsamic vinegar and agave nectar in bowl. Toss half of vinegar mixture with watercress in large bowl.
4. Divide watercress salad among 4 plates. Top with grilled watermelon; garnish with feta cheese, mint, and remaining vinegar mixture.
Serves: Serves 4