Almost summer Corn Salad from Jennifer Perillo
I got her cookbook and fell in love with it so had to check out her blog..this looks wonderful.
- I used frozen corn kernels here, but fresh cut kernels would work well too.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch thick half moons
- 1 cup (115 grams) of corn kernels
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme, leaves removed & roughly chopped (discard the stems)
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Adapted from injennieskitchen.com
Heat the olive oil in a 9-inch skillet over a medium-low flame. Add the onion and saute until lightly golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook until it’s lightly browned, stirring a few times so the onions don’t burn, about 3 minutes.
Add the corn and give the pan a good shake to mix everything (you can use a spoon to stir it too). Cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and lemon thyme, giving the pan a good shake again. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the tomatoes start to wilt and break down slightly (not completely). Stir in the vinegar, and season with the salt and pepper. Cook for 30 more seconds. Spoon onto a platter to serve.
You can make the salad up to one day in advance, and store it covered in the fridge. It can then be served cold, or at room temperature.