Grilled Chicken with Cola Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup cola (such as Coca-Cola)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 54mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cola and next 4 ingredients (through chili powder); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Set 6 tablespoons sauce aside.
3. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through cumin), stirring well. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of chicken. Arrange chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; baste with 3 tablespoons remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with 3 tablespoons sauce. Grill 5 minutes or until done. Serve with reserved 6 tablespoons sauce.