Positively The Best Potato Salad with Parsley Pesto
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup fresh curly parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook potatoes until soft but not falling apart, approximately 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine parsley, mint, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper; pulse until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Drain potatoes; slice in half as soon as they’re cool enough to handle. Gently toss potatoes with parsley pesto mixture; season with curry and chili powder.
4. Garnish with additional parsley; serve chilled or at room temperature.