bread - breadsticks
- 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan, lightly greased
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour (150 mL)
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup potato starch (60 mL)
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca starch (30 mL)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (6 mL)
- 2 teaspoon bread machine or instant yeast (10 mL)
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 mL)
- 3/4 cup water (175 mL)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (15 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar (5 mL)
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds (45 mL)
Adapted from glutenfreerecipebox.com
In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine brown rice flour, almond flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, xanthan gum, yeast and salt; mix well and set aside.
Pour water, oil and vinegar into the bread machine baking pan.
Select the Dough Cycle. As the bread machine is mixing, gradually add the dry ingredients, scraping bottom and sides of pan with a rubber spatula. Try to incorporate all the dry ingredients within 1 to 2 minutes. Stop bread machine as soon as the kneading portion of the cycle is complete. Do not let bread machine finish the cycle.
Sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the sesame seeds in bottom of prepared pan. Drop dough by spoonfuls over the sesame seeds. Using a moistened rubber spatula, spread dough evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds. Using moistened rubber spatula, press seeds into dough. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
To ensure success, see page 15 for information on using your bread machine and page 18 for general tips on bread machine baking.
Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients before adding them to the liquids — they are powder-fine and can clump together.
Don’t worry when seeds move as you spread the dough to the edges of the pan — they will still coat the breadsticks.
Note: To make this corn-free, substitute guar gum for the xanthan gum.