Peanut Butter Cups
For miniature Peanut Butter Cups, line miniature muffin cups with liners; divide chocolate and peanut butter mixtures evenly among liners as directed below
- 8 (1-oz) square semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 1/3 C semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, divided
- 2 T. vegetable shortening, divided
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 2 T. butter, softened
- 1/4 C. plus 2 T. powdered sugar, sifted
1. Line 10 standard muffin cups with paper liners and set aside*(see above for miniature size).
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat four(4)squares baking chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until partially melted. Add 2/3 cup chocolate chips and heat 30 seconds more or until melted. Add 1 tablespoon shortening and stir until shortening and chocolate chips are melted. Divide melted chocolate evenly among liners. Set on a level surface in freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar on low speed until well blended. Divide mixture evenly among liners and spread over chocolate to create a smooth surface. Set in freezer for about 15 minutes.
4. Melt remaining four squares baking chocolate, 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening as directed above. Pour a little chocolate on top of peanut butter layer on each liner. Immediately tap pan on work surface to evenly distribute chocolate, breaking any bubbles with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chocolate. Freeze for 15 minutes or until set.
5. Refrigerate or bring to room temperature before serving.