Bacon & Mushroom Bite-Size Quiche
Yum! This mushroom quiche with bacon, onions and Swiss cheese recipe is a definite keeper. Makes the perfect meal for breakfast or weekend brunch.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 2/3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Pastry for double-crust pie, (homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from porkbeinspired.com
Heat oven to 375°F.
On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/ 16-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop. Chop mushrooms, saute in butter until limp and liquid evaporates. Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup. Bake until puffed and light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350°F. oven for about 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Spicy Pasta Salad With Smoked... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Tres Leche Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Blueberry Almond Chia Smoothie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Emeril's Best Beef Pressure-Cooker... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mushroom-Herb Chicken 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Crustless Caprese Quiche 4.5/5 (19 Votes)