This salad is packed with detoxifying Indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a phytochemical that has proven anti-cancer properties. Daikon, a spicy radish from Japan, is high in vitamin C and assists the liver to emulsify fat.
- 2 cups (500 mL) red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, julienned
- 4 cups (1 L) nappa cabbage , shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black sesame seeds
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice syrup or honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Adapted from chatelaine.com
1. Layer sliced salad ingredients and top with black sesame seeds.
2. Mix dressing ingredients together and combine with salad and serve.