Vegan Sweet Potato Gratin
- Ingredients for non-dairy cream:
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 rosemary sprig
Adapted from juliedaniluk.com
In a pot heated to medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the coconut oil for 8 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and very fragrant. Stir in baby kale, season with salt, pepper and cinnamon and remove from heat. Set aside.
In a food processor, blend the cashews, nutritional yeast, and ½ cup coconut milk and blend until smooth; about 3 minutes. You want it to very loose and creamy.
Method to Assemble:
1) Layer the ingredients in an oven safe dish in the following order.
· Sweet potato
· Onion Kale mixture
· Cashew Cream
· ½ tsp salt
2) repeat until the gratin has been assembled.
Pour the coconut milk over the entire dish and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and rosemary leaves.
Bake in a 400F oven for 30 minutes and broil on low for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Grilled Veggie and Pineapple Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Style Tuna Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Elderberry and Strawberry Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- SHAVED ASPARAGUS PIZZA 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Gluten Free Fried Green Tomatoes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- POTATO PAMPUSHKI WITH CHEESE... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cotija Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (13 Votes)